Mission Statement:

I will give excellence.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Church music

The wife and I really love our church. Our priest, our Sunday School class, the people, the worship, the food... I could go on, but I think you get the point. We really like worshipping together.

An advantage of being a campus church is that there are lots of people with a ton of ideas and creativity, and the music is one way this is reflected. Now I *love* church music. It's music I heard growing up, and it is very reassuring and very soothing. Not really happy-clappy stuff, but music that penetrates my soul.

Our entrance hymn at church this morning was one of my favorites, and I've linked it here. I prefer this version, but the First Lady likes the melody, but with different words.
This video was from August 2009, and I'm sure we're in the congregation somewhere. Today's version didn't have the band, just the organist. Doesn't matter to me. This song is like a warm blanket on a cold night. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment