Mission Statement:

I will give excellence.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Conventions

I've spent the last week or so watching the political conventions. The Republicans last week, and the Democrats this week. The First Lady and I watched most of last week, and we're on track to do the same this week.

Most times, I tend to get too wound up in the political process, but right now I've found the conventions to be great fun. We pay little attention to what they say (it's been said over and over) and focus more on the entertainment value. How bad his (alleged) hair looked, crowd cutaways, and what so-and-so wore are all fair game for us. Sometimes we share it with each other, sometimes with our friends on Twitter. And the folks we follow on Twitter usually have nuggets to share. I've done pretty well so far, keeping things in perspective-- understanding that 99% of this is just theater.

As for the political parties, my leanings are a little more toward the Democratic side. That said, I know that most (all?) are bought, sold, and paid for. On both sides.

What disappoints and saddens me is the hate. People wishing that evil things happen to decent people just because someone disagrees. We can and should and must do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment