Mission Statement:

I will give excellence.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Weekend recap

Monday morning means the start of a new week, and the end of the old one. So it's a good place to take a quick look back and also look forward.

Friday night, I just laid low. I spent football Fridays helping the local TV station with their high school football coverage, but that ended a few weeks ago. So I watched Project Runway with my wife. Actually, she watched, and I watched KSU basketball on the computer. Our Cats lost to Ole Miss, who's supposed to be pretty good in the SEC West.

Anyhow, on to Saturday. My assignment, through the UAB Media Relations Office, was to handle the public address at Bartow Arena for the women's basketball team, as Miami, Fla. visited. So I drove from Tuscaloosa into Birmingham for the game. But the other guy was already there. With every other job covered, I came back home.

I knocked out a few things around the house, then sat down for the UTEP football game, at Rice. I love my Miners more than any other team on the planet. I guess you could call me a long-suffering fan. Well, the suffering continued with six lost fumbles and a 30-29 loss, moving their record to 3-8. This kind of thing has happened a lot this season, and we've stunk it up for decades, so we're used to it. Yet we keep coming back. Go figure.

Sunday was church, and some pretty awesome church music. Wife Ann was under the weather, so it was a solo voyage. Going to church together is a great joy of our lives, so it wasn't the same without her. But normally, I'd just punt it and stay home and drink coffee. I also went back to church at 3:30 for Dave Ramsey's Financial Planning University. Very useful info. Hopefully I'll have some money to manage at some point. Got home, watched more football and more Cats hoops.

There's a Thanksgiving trip to Tampa starting tomorrow afternoon, so today will see preparations for that, like straightening the house a little, because Ann's mother is staying with us this coming weekend. I've never set foot in Florida before, so I'm looking forward to seeing just how much Florida there is.

1 comment: