Mission Statement:

I will give excellence.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

One Year to the Day

Tomorrow makes one year since we began moving into our new home. I remember the early mornings, loading and unloading, waiting for the movers, and the never-ending process of getting settled.

It's all been worth it. We still absolutely love this place. I've had to learn to become a homeowner-- handling our own home repairs, dragging the trash can to the curb Tuesdays and Fridays, and cutting my own grass. Our small farm is doing well-- tomatoes and bell peppers require a little patience, but our mint yielded fresh greenery for our mint juleps on Derby a few weeks ago.

We've had the stop sign on the corner knocked over twice, the victim of drivers who fail to judge the curve correctly. Folks seem to come and go from the rental homes across the street, and I've found excellent places to satisfy my running habit.

We've come a long way, and there's more fun out there waiting for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment