Mission Statement:

I will give excellence.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Still here...

With the whole 'new job' thing going on, I've been a little preoccupied with learning a new routine, at home and on the job.

At home, I continue to do a lot of running, though at a slow pace. It's what the training plan says to run, so I run it. It's a strategy that's been good to me before. And my GRE exam is April 2, and I've been studying for that in earnest, and learning all the things I don't know, and re-learning things I needed 20+ years ago. Isosceles triangles, algebra, antonyms (but with $5 words), and such. I'm just working on getting there a little at a time. The hope is to get into grad school and pursue a masters degree. Library Science? Who knows at this point. But I'm still at peace with leaving radio behind me as a closed chapter in my life.

And at work. It's been an adjustment, to say the least. I like having a little more structure to the day, and I like being able to save some money. Driving pizzas around means knowing the area in which you drive, which is a disadvantage for a new person in town. But I think I'm getting a little better. And when you're not driving, you pitch in in the store. Cutting and boxing pizzas and working the drive-thru window are things I think I'm starting to get better at. Taking phone orders and entering info into the computer have been works in progress. Yeah, I had a bad day a few days ago. I'm learning, though, and it's been two weeks today since I got hired. My coworkers have much, much more experience than me, so they're who I compare myself to, and they're who my superiors are used to working with.

No comments:

Post a Comment