Mission Statement:

I will give excellence.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Eight Mile...

is a town in Alabama somewhere. It's also the distance I ran this morning. It was a great run. Effortless. My new friend the ipod and I are getting along well on our runs-- podcasts are a good thing. And so are Boston, Devo, the J Geils Band and Brooks and Dunn. The eight miles took 90 minutes. 19 miles for the week. I really should think about finding a 5K or a 10K some time soon.

After I ran, I went into Birmingham for UAB baseball, one of three dates I said I'd help with public address. They swept Ball State, 6-0 and 10-9 in 12 innings. I couldn't remember the last time I'd been to a ball game prior to today. We sat inside, in a nice, warm press box on a 55-degree day with north winds about 10-15. There was a hardy crowd on hand in parkas, blankets, coats, you name it. I found myself reminded of broadcasting baseball once in similar conditions in Kansas, except colder temperature-wise, and more wind. My fiancee (wife, now) brought a blanket for me and really saved the day. It was fun, but I wanted to go home after a while.

Sunday is my last day at Domino's. It's a bit of a bummer, since now I'm finally starting to learn how to work there. The people I work with are nice folks. My job at the census office starts Monday. I'm looking forward to having my evenings back, and to making plans (or not) for the night. It's a 40-hour work week, so it'll make GRE study time a challenge. But we'll get there. It's just nice to have some direction in my life.

And K-State and the Miners both win! UTEP definitely has the inside track for a conference championship and a trip to the BIG DANCE!

No comments:

Post a Comment