Mission Statement:

I will give excellence.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

14,220

That's how many people attended last night's gymnastics meet between Alabama and Georgia. The defending SEC champs against the defending national champs. We had free tix, since the wife got them through a new faculty get together. We were warned that this is a big thing here in T-Town, but as with everything else we've experienced, we just had to check it out for ourselves. It was as advertised--parking lots were full and traffic in front of the arena was a bear. Event-wise, I didn't know what to expect, since I only watch gymastics every four years at the olympics. But I was wowed. The crowd was really into it, the 'game' presentation kept people interested, and the athletes were tremendous. I don't know how those girls do the things they do and bend themselves the way they do. There was a good pace to the events, and the crowd knew its stuff. And we beat the snot out of the Bulldogs. We had a great time.

Today we went to Bryant-Denny stadium to honor the 2009 National Champion football team. Cloudy and cool, but the rain held off til later in the night. There were about 20-25 thousand there. It lasted about 45 minutes, and we heard from the captains, saw really cool video stuff and what not. Had a good time here too. Have I mentioned lately just how much I hate Texas?

I've come to some conclusions, personally and professionally, also. And I feel free and liberated about these decisions. More to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment