Mission Statement:

I will give excellence.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Football

Been watching a whole lot of football this week... Glad Boise State won, but sorry they did it at TCU's expense. Both deserved a shot at the big boys. I'm very ready for the Alabama/Texas game. People seem to think that since I'm from Texas, that I must root for the Horns. But El Paso is not close to Austin. Actually, El Paso is not close to anything, except Alamogordo and Las Cruces. So I'm a UTEP fan, and a grad of Texas Tech, which is where this hatred began. So it's handy, one-stop shopping. And the Tide football program signs my wife's paycheck.

You may notice I've added several blogs to my 'follow' list. They're places I like to go, and obviously will tell you something about me.

My runs have been going well-- three pain-free miles yesterday, and three more set for tomorrow. Really focusing on a slower buildup. It's weird, because I don't have a running goal at this point, or a real training plan. Just to build miles.

I head over to the Bryant Museum on campus Wednesday, to volunteer one day a week. It's sports, it's history and the preservation of said history-- a perfect storm for me. Hopefully it becomes something more. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment