Mission Statement:

I will give excellence.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Sweet Home Alabama

Ann and I are finally back in Tuscaloosa after a road trip of a week and a half. We saw Ann's mom, plus her brother and his family... Went back to Manhattan, flew to Austin and drove to Fredericksburg to watch a good friend get married... flew back to KC, then drove back to T-Town, breaking it down into two days by stopping in Jonesboro, Arkansas.

I'll try to break the trip down over the next several days.

I got two fantasy football teams into the semifinals... Energy Corporation lost by three points last night and drops to the third-place bracket... and Sean's Goat Farm is into the semis, as it was an 8-team bracket.

And I spent a lot of drive-time on the way up thinking on things, such as a complete career change. Getting *out* of radio. It's all I know, all I ever wanted to do, all I ever trained for and all I've ever done. But I just can't see a future in it. So I'm really looking at doing something else, something that I can enjoy, and something that pays. I told a friend of mine that I was (and still am) thinking about going back to school, and he slid into character (he's a career coach). Sent me a book and everything.

I'm gonna get a part-time job here very soon. I've been enough of a drain on my wife. I can still do the schooling.

Just really glad to be home-- been pretty wiped out for a while. Sleep in our own bed and all that. It's not to be underestimated.

And Christmas is coming. So is the Christmas Eve midnight service. I can't wait. This service is my absolute favorite of the whole year.

No comments:

Post a Comment