Mission Statement:

I will give excellence.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Wednesday

Getting some things done this morning, and more to do this afternoon.

What with all the road tripping we did in the last two weeks, it's been difficult for me to get in the Christmas spirit, which means for me, lots of music. Listened to a lot in the car, but with cars and highway signs going by, it's tough. I really like Santa Claus and his Old Lady from Cheech and Chong. My wife gets one Christmas CD every year. This year she got three, cuz of a snafu at Amazon.com. She likes the non-secular church Christmas music, same as me. It's awesome stuff. So I'm catching up on my Christmas music today.

Road trip report: We drove 12 hours from Tuscaloosa to Kansas City almost two weeks ago. Drove through Tupelo, MS and Jackson, Tennessee (so as to avoid Memphis and traffic and construction), before crossing into Missouri at the boot heel, and heading north on I-55 to St. Louis, then I-70 westbound. Heard the voice of a former co-worker on the air, I think out of Springfield, which was a pleasant surprise.

While in the KC metro, I visited the Truman Museum in Independence. Well worth the eight bucks. I'm about 3/4 through David McCullough's bio on HST, so I was kind of familiar with the topic going in. The museum can go places the book can't. I really enjoyed my afternoon, and more and more, I'm thinking of HST as truly a great American.

More to follow later on the trip.

K-State is up to number 12 in the polls, following a win at Alabama. The Miners won at Oklahoma Monday. Both of these teams have very special places in my heart, for different reasons, and this season could be really special for the both of them.

Okay, off to lunch and more chores.

No comments:

Post a Comment