Mission Statement:

I will give excellence.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Gone Running

I went running today for the first time in about a month and a half. 30 minutes, three miles on the treadmill at the UA rec center. I tweaked my right calf the start of November, in the same spot I hurt it last year. Pain free during the run, and there are plans to ramp up the mileage much more slowly this time. Running inside, even though it's gorgeous. For every June, July and August in Alabama, I'll take the late fall and early winter. Been really nice. But it still rains a lot more than what I'm used to.

Last trip report: left KC Monday morning, southbound. Thought about stopping in West Plains, but chose to Jonesboro, Arkansas instead. The roads in Arkansas are very winding, so it's difficult to make any kind of time on them. Good thing I didn't call games there, for how often I've been late to games. Made it home form Jonesboro a week ago, today. Ann and I were very glad to get home, after a week-and-a-half road trip. Glad to get back on a normal schedule, sleep in our own beds, stuff like that.

The last few days, I applied online for some... wait for it... Joe jobs (thank you very much). Pizza Hut, Office Depot, stuff like that. Something to get a little extra cash flowing while I lean further toward a career change. But my timing is off, since who's really looking at this stuff during the holidays. And I bought a GRE prep book tonight, with the thought of taking said test to get into grad school.

Year in review coming up next.

No comments:

Post a Comment